Saturday, July 14, 2012

Purpose of Trials?

2 Corinthians 1: 3-4 Praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! The Father is a merciful God, who always gives us comfort. He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble.

Earlier this morning, I read this verse on a very special person's facebook page.  Later, I was baking cookies to take to a new neighbor in hopes of establishing a new friendship which I am in desperate need of.  The thought of my need for a new close friend naturally led to the thought of losing dear friends. As I sit here and think over my own life and at times I still think about the purpose of loss.  I don't know what the purpose is.  Yes, it is to teach us something and make us stronger but what if we don't ever know the lesson it taught us or ever feel stronger?  Perhaps, it isn't about us at all.  Truth is I don't have any clue.  And if you begin to wonder why others don't suffer the same losses and don't appear to suffer any loss at all it really becomes quite unbearable to think about.  Perhaps, one purpose is to help others through similiar struggles and to become more keenly aware of hurting and lonely people and soften our hearts to them.  I don't claim to know for sure, but the verse in 2 Corinithians provides a possible answer.

1 comment: